Creamy cheese grits topped with shrimp in a zesty sauce - the 1st place winning recipe from student Denise Wesley!
- 16 cups of water
- 4 cups Jim Dandy Quick Grits
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 32 oz. Great Value brand Melt 'n Dip processed cheese
- 2 1/2 pounds small white shrimp, peeled, de-veined, with the tail-off
- 1 stick Parkay margarine
- 1 1/2 cups Great Value brand zesty Italian dressing
1. Heat water to a boil in a large pot.
2. Stir in grits and salt, return to boil.
3. Cover; simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until thickened to taste, stirring regularly.
4. Add in all of the processed cheese. For quick and even melting, cut cheese until small cubes before adding to the grits. Serve hot.
1. In a medium pot on medium heat, melt the stick of margarine.
2. While the margarine is melting, wash and drain the shrimp. Then, add the shrimp to the pot and cook them until just done (about 10 minutes).
3. Add in the zesty italian dressing, and then cook for an additional 10 minutes. Serve hot on top of each serving of cheese grits.
This recipe makes 12-15 servings.