A delicious Southern favorite, with a healthy twist, from student Sarita Smith.
- 1 "bunch" of fresh collard greens
- 5-6 cups of chicken broth (Can be substituted for vegetable broth)
- 1 pack of smoked turkey wings (Can be substituted for vegan chicken flavored bouillons)
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbs. apple cider vinegar
1. Immerse collard greens in a water and white vinegar solution for 30 minutes, rinse with clean water, and repeat until collard greens are clean.
2. Cut collard greens
3. Saute chopped onion and minced garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes.
4. Combine chicken broth, onion, garlic, turkey wings, apple cider vinegar in a pot over medium heat
5. Add collard greens
6. Add salt, pepper, sugar and/or any additional seasonings to taste.
7. Cover collard greens and allow to cook for 1 hour or until collard greens are tender.