New Student Orientation Fall 2017
LOST AN ORIENTATION EMAIL? CLICK HERE FOR THE ARCHIVED NEWSLETTERS!
ORIENTATION DATES TO REMEMBER
Candler’s New Student Orientation will be held on Emory’s campus and is scheduled for:
- Tuesday, August 15, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm -- International Students Only
- Wednesday, August 16, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm -- All New Students
- Thursday, August 17 8:00 am to 5:00 pm -- All New Students
- Friday, August 18, 8:00 am to 1:00 pm -- All New Students
THIS ORIENTATION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL DEGREE-SEEKING STUDENTS AND INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE STUDENTS.
Special non-degree seeking students are encouraged, but are not required, to attend Orientation. You are responsible for making work, childcare, or other arrangements in order to participate fully in Orientation.
Other Dates That May Involve You:
- Tuesday, August 15, 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm -- Recommended Pre-Orientation including campus business and Pitts Theology Library tours
- Wednesday, August 16, Late Afternoon -- For all new United Methodist students a mandatory meeting with the Associate Dean of Methodist Studies, Dr. Anne Burkholder
- Tuesday, August 22, 8:00 am to 5:30 pm -- For all new students enrolled in Contextual Education I or Teaching Parish, a REQUIRED introduction to those programs
Please note these important dates on your calendar and make arrangements to be present at Candler for the various activities related to Orientation.
- The first day of classes for the 2017 Fall Semester is Wednesday, August 23.
- Convocation for the Fall Semester takes place on Thursday, August 24, at 11:05 am. At Convocation you will be recognized together with new faculty and staff, so you will want to be present for this celebratory service marking the beginning of the 2017-2018 academic year.